Lissa Explains it All:  Web Design Forums  

Go Back   Lissa Explains it All: Web Design Forums > LEIA Archives > Web Site Help > HTML Help

Notices

Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Propellerhead

jct6808 is an unknown quantity at this point
help front page

Ok i need help 1st off does front page make the page look funny ???? bc like when i hit preview there it does not look the same as when i go to the site and then when i got to it( not in front page) everything looks HUGE but i had someone take a screen shot and it looks big but not like when i see it ?? is there a program like front page but BETTER? if so please post ? and tell me what is diff
(and i am not talking about like notepad it has to be like front page but i am looking for somthing better as i said)

2nd Q i use ftp to upload the pages but it gets anying cuz when i add stuff to the page ( in front page and change/save it) i have to go back into the ftp take out the page than re put it in is there a way to just save and have it changed or no

Please reply
( to both Qs if you can )
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Explains it All

Lissa has much to be proud ofLissa has much to be proud ofLissa has much to be proud ofLissa has much to be proud ofLissa has much to be proud ofLissa has much to be proud ofLissa has much to be proud ofLissa has much to be proud of
#1: Yes, Frontpage does mess up your code/web page, I can't name an editor that I like

#2: You have to upload through FTP, can't just save it to your computer

Become a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on Facebook!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Propellerhead

No i do upload it by ftp but when i like make a change i have to go to the ftp file take out the page and reupload it is there an easer way?

and also can anyone tell me a better program that front page?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:28 AM
`````````

starlet is an unknown quantity at this point
All wysiwyg editors are the same...for the people who dont like them and think they are more hassle than they are worth (most members here :P) they are all bad. But another popular one is Dreamweaver (http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/)
I dont understand the FTP problem sorry, could you explain what you mean by 'have to take out the page' ?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:38 AM
phantom

pb&j is a name known to allpb&j is a name known to allpb&j is a name known to allpb&j is a name known to allpb&j is a name known to allpb&j is a name known to all
when using ftp, any new saved or uploaded files should replace the old ones (with same filenames) automatically. there should be no need to go in, delete, and upload after.

for editors, no matter what type of "visual" editor you use, they all cause problems. this is because you are letting the computer do the thinking for you and when it comes to "human ingenuity", nothing comes close. you are far better off learning your codes and using a normal text editor.

practically everyone using a program like FP has always come around trying to learn how to fix the mistakes it does. so what is the point of using FP in the first place if you have to learn the coding anyways??

programs like dreamweaver come with a big price tag and it is better than any other "visual" pagemaker, but... it still has downfalls and setbacks compared to personal coding.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:41 AM
n00bzilla

billyp1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile web coder

I absolutly love TSW Webcoder...you can download it free...yes free (if it's not for com use) at TSware.net
Old 09-03-2004, 02:16 AM
Propellerhead

Poppy is an unknown quantity at this point
I use front page and do my own coding in the html section of it - you know how there's three tabs at the bottom: something - html - preview

I do all the codes in the html part and it looks fine when I preview it and upload it to my server - everything is the same, same size, everything

Personally I love frontpage
Old 09-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Java Junkie

supercat is an unknown quantity at this point
So if you do all the coding yourself, why use FrontPage? I used to try and use Dreamweaver and hated it. It's actually easier, and more satisfying, to do it all yourself.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Addicted to the 'net

netaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
pity...i like frontpage:-/
Old 09-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Propellerhead

i would try and do it my self ( code it ) but its soo hard i dont know how to like enter move anything it would take me like a year to lean