Lissa Explains it All:  Web Design Forums  

Go Back   Lissa Explains it All: Web Design Forums > LEIA Archives > Web Site Help > JavaScript/DHTML

Notices

Old 07-20-2004, 06:36 PM
n00bzilla

missphd is an unknown quantity at this point
mouseover on clickable text links not working

I used Front page to make my site and copy the code into Blogger for the main page (it is a blog). The Blogger Code is in the source as well as the HTML. I used Frontpage to make simple mouseovers on my text links at the bottom of the page. In the preview it works, but not once published. It is suppose to strike through the text when you hover over it.

I know my code is not the best because I use the Frontpage Editor and kind of bumble my way through the hard coding, but can anyone take a look and help me out?

http://cricketscorner.blogspot.com

if no one can figure it out, does anyone know a page that could help me generate a code for the entire page that would provide strikethrough mouseover on all text links for the page? I could then remove all the Frontpage formatting and just use the java for the whole page.

I need help!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2004, 07:34 PM
oopsie daisy

kittycat is a jewel in the roughkittycat is a jewel in the roughkittycat is a jewel in the rough
Does the mouseover use the animate.js file? You'll need to upload it to a webhost somewhere, and then include the full URL to a file.

A simple strike through mouseover would be like this..
<style type="text/css">
a:hover { text-decoration: line-through; }
</style>
That goes between the head tags.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:34 PM
n00bzilla

Well, me being the impatient one that I am, I took off all the individual effects and managed to get a whole page effect to work...

but now my commenting wont work!

ARGH

Why do I struggle with this so much? LOL
Old 07-20-2004, 07:35 PM
n00bzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat
Does the mouseover use the animate.js file? You'll need to upload it to a webhost somewhere, and then include the full URL to a file.
ohhhhhh kittycat! that would have done it!
I DID see that file, and I thought I uploaded it, too, but I might have left it off.

I fixed the mouseover (thanks for your time), now I am just fiddling with the commenting.

How awful did my source look? LOL