Lissa Explains it All:  Web Design Forums  

Go Back   Lissa Explains it All: Web Design Forums > LEIA Archives > Web Site Help > Graphics

Notices

Old 02-04-2007, 02:30 PM
n00bzilla

Rocker86 is on a distinguished road
Cool Paint Shop Pro Help!

Hey everyone. I made a cool backround image for my xanga site on Paint Shop Pro. When I look at the image in PSP it looks clear and un-grainy, but when I put it as a backround it turned grainy. Is there a way to fix that? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
n00bzilla

crazyais is on a distinguished road
maybe save it in a different type- eg, there's jpeg., gif., etc., right? so try saving it in a different one that you used before... i'm not an expert but that's what i think ^.^
Old 02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Script Kiddie

acktacky is an unknown quantity at this point
Click File > Export > JPEG Optimizer > Set compression value to 1

The problem with jpegs is that they get extremely gross and bleed and all sorts of bad if you save them regularly with Save As. Optimizer sets how compressed the image gets, instead of using a default or whatever when you Save As, which drastically increases picture quality.

If your picture has a lot of red in it, I DO NOT recommend saving an image as a JPEG. Try using the GIF Optimizer instead if you don't have too many colors and won't get destroyed by it's 256 color limit.

Usually the best way to go is PNG, but it's pretty much uncompressed, and takes awhile to load. If it's a smaller image, that's the way to go. Your images will always look great. If you use PNG Optimizer make sure your settings are 16.7 Million Colors and No Transparency (unless you want it. Transparency for PNGs only work in Firefox, so you need to make sure if you don't want it transparent, make sure it is set as so or it will be transparent in Firefox.)

I'm so long winded. XD
Old 03-03-2007, 06:12 PM
n00bzilla

Hey, thanks for the help. I tried everything that you all said, but it still looks grainy. Are there any layout makers that make graphics or edited pictures that can help me?
Thanks !
Old 03-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Script Kiddie

acktacky is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sure? Because the optimizers in PSP are REALLY good. Is the file itself good when you save it to your computer? Because sometimes when you upload things onto certain sites, they save it again as a .jpg and reduce the quality of the image. I don't know how Xanga works, but that could be your problem too. If you used the optimizers, your image should be almost as good quality as your original.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 PM
n00bzilla

Ok, thanks so much for the help, acktacky. I will try what you said again. Thanks so much!
<3
Old 04-21-2007, 02:33 AM
n00bzilla

kirstie204 is on a distinguished road
Help

You could try saving it as 24 bit bitmap and then converting it to whatever you want it. I found it's much less grainy when I do this. But I use a different program, so it might not work. You could give it a try! Use http://www.media-convert.com/ to convert it! It's the best thing in the world!! :teddy: